[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Bojan Smojver wrote:
>
> > I've read the thread about tabs/spaces/indentiation in Tomcat code and
> > it seems that at least TC 4 people are going with 4 spaces instead of
> > tabs (judging by comments from Craig).
> >
> > Does that apply to TC 3.3 as well?
>
> > PS. I've noticed that a lot of TC 3.3 code still uses tabs, so when
> > patching, I might convert into spaces at the same time and comment
> > appropriately.
>
> TC3.3 is using tabs, with 4 space indentation and tab==8 spaces.
> As long as you convert with tab==8 spaces, it'll be fine.
>
> AFAIK there is no official rule or vote on this.

No probs. I can use tabs + 4 spaces for indentation. No need to overhaul
the whole thing if people aren't complaining.

Bojan

PS. Normally I use spaces in my code and when I produced the last patch,
I've noticed that things are a bit 'out of whack'. That's why I asked
the question in the first place...