On Sun, 30 Sep 2001, Jon Stevens wrote:

> > Mmmm, I'm not too sure about all this.
> > The servlet spec seems to imply that the extension mapping is on the end of
> > the path.
> >
> > Section 11.1, item #3 : If the last segment in the URL path contains an
> > extension (e.g. .jsp), the servlet container will try to match a servlet
> > that handles requests for the extension.
> > An extension is defined as the part of the last segment after the last '.'
> > character.
> >
> > Remy
>
> I think the Servlet Spec is wrong then because HTTP says that anything after
> the extension mapping is PATH_INFO. It Is also inconsistent with the way
> that servlet path mapping works as well.

Well, I agree with Jon, but we had this whole discussion almost a year
ago, and the conclusion was that the HTTP spec is wrong and we should
follow the Servlet spec.

Older versions of tomcat supported path info on extension mapped servlets,
that was removed since it was considered a spec compliance bug.

Workaround - declare each page with exact mappings in web.xml.