Quoting Remy Maucherat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi,
>
> As some of you may have noticed, Tomcat 4 is starting to depend on
> some
> modules from the J-T-C repository. The problem is that it creates in
> some
> cases some circular dependencies for some build options. The number of
> the
> dependencies is also expected to go up in the future, including: JK, the
> new
> Java HTTP/1.1 connector, the util package, and the webapp connector.
>
> There are 3 solutions that we can use:
>
> - Duplicate the code. Given the amount of code, I'm -1 with that
> solution.

Agreed. -1

> - Integrate building these components into the Tomcat 4 build process.
> That's probably the most elegant solution, but unfortunately it's tricky
> to pull that off (and I tried ...).
>
> - Put the JARs for these modules in the Tomcat 4 CVS (the lib
> directory
> looks like a good candidate for this), based on stable (and tagged or
> branched) versions of each component.
>
> I would choose the 3rd solution, since it is simpler, while getting the
> job done.

I agree that #2 is the cleanest solution. I also agree that #3 is more than
adequate and probably much easier. Since it's not really my department, I'm
fine with either solution. Whatever you think, sport :)

- Christopher

/**
 * Pleurez, pleurez, mes yeux, et fondez vous en eau!
 * La moitié de ma vie a mis l'autre au tombeau.
 *    ---Corneille
 */