Do you have a smal testcase? We have unittests with Tomcat that have
nested includes and several includes in one page. All Ssi directives
share the same enviroment per page through a mediator, this is due to
the fact that you can have a config directive that changes the error
message that you would get for a failed include further down on the same
page, for instance.

However if pageA includes pageB, if pageB is also an shtml/ssi file it
would have a new fresh enviroment and could not tamper with pageA's
enviroment.

So you could easily do a set command simmilar to the config command.

> Since I'm between assignments at the moment, I'm working on a patch
> here locally.  It's pretty significant, though, so it may take me a
> few days.  It will include the set command though since that's what
> I'm going to use to test it. :)

Patches and additions are gladly appreciated.

        Bip Thelin