I have an application under development on webappcabaret.com. It includes a
file upload page which uses the oreilly servlet package.
I recently discovered that the file upload was failing (previously having
worked OK) with the log reporting
"Corrupt form data: premature ending". A visit to servlet.com revealed that
this is a known bug, with the recommended workaround being an upgrade to
Tomcat 3.2 or 4.0.
The webappcabaret hosting environment offers a choice of Tomcat 3.1, 3.2 or
4.0, and I had recently decided to upgrade to 4.0. When I reset the
environment to use Tomcat 3.2, the file upload worked successfully again.
The environment options are set through a console, so I've checked the
system logs to confirm that the host was really deploying Tomcat 4.0 and
3.2. It looks like the upload bug that was fixed in 3.2 may have returned in
4.0?
Cheers
Ken