On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Tom Drake wrote:

> I want a distributed session store, where all sessions are known (or
> are knowable) by all members of the cluster, with a built-in
> fail-over mechanism?

As you guys discuss this, don't forget a very important requirement in the
servlet specification with regards to distributable applications:

    [Servlet Spec 2.3, Section 7.7.2]  "Within an application
    marked as distributable, all requests that are part of a
    session must be handled by one virtual machine at a time."

In effect, this means that a session can be migrated to a different server
only "between" requests.  On a failure of the server currently handling
the session, you could migrate it to a different server, but this
operation must be atomic.

Craig