I'm currently stucked with Apache 2.0.27/2.0.28
and the config_vars.mk used in JTC (jk/webapp).

It's still unclear if we should included it in all
make file and what to do when you install Apache 2.0 in a
FHS manner, as does my RPM, everything is broken.

All the Apache stuff assume everything under $prefix, which
is not the case in the FHS method (/var/www2/{manual, error, html, icons),
/etc/httpd2/conf/, /var/log/httpd2/, /var/run/httpd2.pid.

I've got to patch heavily apxs, apachectl and httpd.conf/ssl.conf
to make it works, but the config_vars.mk path is still constructed
from $prefix/build/config_vars.mk  whereas it should be presented
by APXS with -q (ie apxs -q CONFIG_VARS.MK). I send today many
mails on Tomcat-dev (for JTC devs) and on new-httpd list
and hope some of this points will be fixed, but I'm not Apache 2.0
commiter and so could apply necessary patches ;(

BTW, build.xml for jkant will also need updates since we
assume to have include under apache.home/include and on
Linux FHS it's on /usr/include/apache or /usr/include/apache2 !!!!

A patch is attached, I'll try to commit it tomorrow :)

-
Henri Gomez                 ___[_]____
EMAIL : [EMAIL PROTECTED]        (. .)