Hi,

I think it's the appropriate time to consider starting a new release cycle
for
Tomcat 4.0. There has been a variety of significant bugs fixed since 4.0.1
(although there hasn't been any fixes for any showstopper bug).

I don't plan to propose a formal release plan for this release, as it is a
bugfix-only release, and it will be released as soon as there are no more
must-fix issues remaining in the most current release candidate.

- A few more code merge will happen between now and the first beta release
  (at least one to add JAVA_HOME support in the install script).
- The release notes will document all the fixes which occured since 4.0.1.
- The release notes will list the must-fix bugs. This generally includes
bugs
  whose severity in Bugzilla is 'blocker' (P1), 'critical' (P2)
  or 'major' (P3).
- Tomcat 4.0.2 won't have any regressions over 4.0.1.
- All betas for 4.0.2 should be considered release candidates if the
must-fix
  issues list is empty.
- Tomcat 4.0.2 beta 1 should be released between 12/02 and 12/16.
- This vote will run until 12/01.

<ballot>
[ ] +1: I approve this plan, and I'll help
[ ] +0: I approve this plan
[ ] -0: I'm against this plan, but I won't veto it
[ ] -1: I'm against this plan, and my reason is:

</ballot>

Remy