> patrickl    01/11/29 09:18:10
>
>   Modified:    catalina/src/share/org/apache/catalina/startup
Catalina.java
>   Log:
>   Fix for situation where an SSL connector is enabled but external
dependencies (e.g. no .keystore file, etc.) are not correctly installed.
Previous to this change, Tomcat would never invoke Lifecycle.start() if any
connectors threw an exception. Hence, Tomcat appear to be hung.

>   With this change, Tomcat will now properly start all connectors that are
properly configured and won't get hung up by any improperly configured
connectors.

>   If desired, I can backport this change to the tomcat_40_branch for the
upcoming 4.0.2 release.

I don't agree.
If server.initialize throws an exception, why would we want to try to start
it anyway (just in case it manages to be able to do something). I think we
should not call await (and shutdown) if something went wrong during init.

Remy