----- Original Message -----
From: "Craig R. McClanahan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Developers List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2001 8:59 PM
Subject: Re: AJP Todo

> On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Bill Barker wrote:
>
> > Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 20:00:35 -0800
> > From: Bill Barker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > To: Tomcat Developers List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Subject: Re: AJP Todo

Don't get so touchy :).  I'm certainly not going to criticize Tomcat 4.x
when I'm the first to admit that I don't know it very well.  I was actually
referring to FileDirContext.getNameInNamespace when I was talking about
non-absolute paths.  As it is now, ${Server}Config does a forwardAll if the
Context is defined by a WAR file.

> > Now if I can just find someone to Listen to, I'll be done :).
>
> What is it you think should be changed?

I don't know about "changed".  I'll simply describe the problem I'm facing.
A lot of users simply want to include one ApacheConfig statement in the
server.xml, include that file in the httpd.conf file and forget about it.
In order to get the configuration info, I need to Listen to somebody who
fires the START_EVENT at the end of Lifecycle.start (e.g. Container and
derived).  This leaves Host as the highest level I can Listen to.  However,
there are some one-time-only entries in the file that can't be repeated, so
Host doesn't work so well for simple configurations.  I'd really like Server
(since it is a singleton), but Server fires it's event at the beginning, so
the sub-elements aren't configured yet.  At the moment, I'm thinking that if
I'm Listening to a Server, I'll write the one-time-only information.  Then
you'll have to Listen to any Host or Context that you want configured as
well.