Hi,

This is what I'm using:

<%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" %>

I saw the servlet generated in the work directory and it actually write the
response.setContentType("text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1")

( default type in server.xml is set to ISO-8859-1 too )

How can I know the charset of Linux ? ( I'll STW of course.. :)) )

Thanks for the promptness !

On Fri, 14 Dec 2001 08:48:31 -0800 (PST), <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escreveu :

> On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, Renato wrote:
>
> > *** HTML pages with latin characters don't display correctly on Linux
***

> > ( JSP file with: )
> > Ex:   <p>αινσϊ</p>
> >
> > It's maybe a problem with the locale variables on my Linux, which I
don't
> > quite understand ( tried LC_ALL, LANG, LC_CTYPE and it didn't work ) or
> > Tomcat itself.
>
> Do you set the charset in the page
> setContentType("text/html;charset=8859-??") or the jsp equivalent ?
>
> What charset do you use to write the page ? ( i.e. UTF or 8859-?? ) ?
>
> There are few variables:
> - Java default charset ( which is typically the same as the OS charset).
> This is what jasper uses to read the page from disk. The page is converted
> to UTF by the reader. ( you can override the charset used on each page,
> don't remember the directive  )
>
> - output charset. This is specified in setContentType() or setCharEncoding
> on the response, and is used to convert from UTF to the target charset.
>

> Costin
>

> --
[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> For additional commands, e-mail: <mailto:tomcat-dev-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]>