Ainsi parlait Craig R. McClanahan :
> > I'd like to clarify. I could have activation, javamail, jdbc-ext,
> > jndi, jta, which are Sun products, included in a Tomcat tarball
> > but couldn't have them included in a separate tarball ?
>
> Yes.
>
> > Thanks to explain us why ?
>
> Because that's what the "Redistribution" paragraph of the license that you
> had to click through says you can do and not do.  (See why it's a good
> idea to actually *read* these things?  :-)
Craig, you've still not answered precisely to my question. Please explain us
if what we are doing violates BLC because:
1) we just allow separate download of BLC-licenced code, even if others
projects do it also.
2) we allow separate download of BLC-licenced code without having to
explicitely click on a "i agree" button, even if BLC text is included in the
release.

The first point would prevent us from any packaging of those libraries, but
the second could be solved quite easily with http download. It would prevents
us anyway of using ftp repository or automated upgrade facilities as urpmi or
apt-get, tough.
--
Guillaume Rousse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
GPG key http://lis.snv.jussieu.fr/~rousse/gpgkey.html