The problem is that the default cache size is one and in the ajp_init
function
in jk_ajp_common.c we return from inside of an if when we initialize
the cache
so the secrect member of the structure never gets initialized.  This
caused
some GPFs in certain cases on some of my builds.

I've checked in the fix.  All I did was move the line that initializes
secret up above
the if statement.

Remy, would it be possible to relabel jk_ajp_common.c
rev. 1.24 as the rev for tomcat_402?  I've built and tested this fix on
NetWare
and the resolved my GPFs and bad behavior talking to older
installations
of Tomcat (i.e. 3.3).  I was able to use the same module to talk to
Tomcat 4.0.2 and Tomcat 3.3 from the same instance of the web server.
I love it when a plan comes together :-)

Mike Anderson

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 02/12/02 05:19PM >>>
>One of the last changes on the connector ( the secret )
>introduced a bug,
>when worker_cache is enabled. The secret will not be initialized, and

>that may creates all kind of serious problems.

Could you detail the problem ?