Hello,

I'm currently having to use tomcat 3.2 in a production environment.
Moving to 3.3 or 4.0 is not an option (for at least 6 months).
I'm wrestling with the ThreadPool exhausted issue and am trying to
understand how a thread becomes idle.

I don't see the thread become available as soon as the request completes
and so was trying to determine what the critieria is for
freeing a thread. My thoughts are to try to modify the code in some way
to release those threads sooner but I got lost in the
code trying to find out what governs the thread release.

Can anyone shed some light on how this is meant to work. Thread creation
and allocation is pretty clear, but releasing and scavenging appears to
be very hard to follow.

any help at this point would be gratefully received (as I haven't much
hair left to pull out on this one!)

-Thom