On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Bigwood, David wrote:

> My question is this:
>
> Is there a specific reason why the session is invalidated BEFORE expire
> calls the session listeners, or could we move the setValid(false) call
> down?

This ordering is based on what the JavaDocs say for the
HttpSessionListener.sessionDestroyed() method says:

    "Notification that a session was invalidated".

In other words, this is an *after-the-fact* notification, not a
before-the-fact notification.

You can track statistical information by registering an
HttpSessionAttributeListener and noticing when particular session
attributes are removed (which happens as part of the invalidation or
timeout process).

Craig