>>the source code can be found on my web site along with the document
>>describing the implementation.
>>http://www.filip.net/tomcat/tomcat-javagroups.html
>>http://www.filip.net/tomcat/tomcat-javagroups-src.jar
>
>Do you think we could use this stuff in JK/JK2, both
>java and native parts, so we could use it in TC 3.3/4.x ?

Hi Henri,
I'm not really sure what you are asking me. The implementation only does
session replication.
This means that you can place any load balancer in front of it, be it Apache
with mod_jk, or even a hardware balancer and the fail over should work. As
long as the load balancer doesn't modify the session id in the cookie (or
url), the Tomcat server shouldn't really care what is in front of it.

My implementation is for Tomcat 4.x, since the architecture is 4 is
different than 3.x the same implementation will not work for 3.x.
If it was highly desired, I could back port the code into the 3.x source
tree as well.

Did you get a chance to look at the code?

regards
Filip

~
Namaste - I bow to the divine in you