From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2002 11:10 AM
To: Tomcat Developers List
Subject: RE: cvs commit: jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/native/nt_service
jk _nt_service.c

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Schreibman, David wrote:

> Hi Costin,
>
> This merge from 3.3 doesn't include the -n option that Larry added 2 weeks
> ago.  It allows for specifying a display name separately from the service
> name since the rules for what is a valid name differ in each case.  For
> example, the display name is allowed to contain spaces while the service
> name is not.
>
> Was it left behind on purpose?

Ops, I may have an old version, I'll check. Thanks.

BTW, I have another change ( contributed by WRowe ) to allow spaces in
names and few other improvements ( it is leaving the name with spaces as
display name, and removing the  spaces for the internal name ). The "-n"
is a different solution ( you specify both names in the command line ).

After 3.3.1 is released I would like to remove nt_service from
jakarta-tomcat CVS. The version in j-t-c has few additional fixes
and improvements ( including the ability to execute a program
to stop, support for catalina shutdown protocol, etc ).