I'm +1 on this too.

> > the tomcat-utils.jar that j-t-c builds.  So why not just use the
> > "util" jar that j-t-c builds?  I would be +1 for renaming the
> > "util" jar that j-t-c builds to connectors_util.jar to avoid
> > name confusion with the tomcat_util.jar.
>
> Or we can rename container/tomcat_util.jar to
> container/container_util.jar, and leave tomcat_util name to j-t-c.

You mean leave "tomcat-util" to j-t-c.  Yes, '-' and '_' aren't
sufficient differences in the name.  Using container_util.jar sounds
good to me.  Are you okay with using the tomcat-utils.jar built
by j-t-c, rather than the current build creation of
connector_utils.jar?

> Both are fine - but we still need to review any extra class that
> ends in common ( i.e. re-read the code and look for static
> methods/fields, package-protected methods, doPriviledged blocks, etc )
> I will do that, but it would help if you could duplicate :-)
> ( duplication is good sometimes ).

I'll try to find some time to help with this.

Cheers,
Larry