I have committed a draft of a release plan for the next major release of
Tomcat 4.x (proposed version number: 4.1).

All the major features currently in development in HEAD, j-t-c, j-t-j are
either feature complete, or reasonably close from being feature complete,
and should all contribute to improve Tomcat. This includes:
* JMX based administration features
* JSP and Struts based administration web application
* New Coyote HTTP/1.1 connector
* New Coyote JK2 AJP 1.3/1.4 connector
* Rewritten Jasper JSP page compiler (called Jasper 2)
* Performance and memory efficiency improvements
* Miscanellous refactorings

The release plan includes the proposed release schedule. It is short, as the
codebase is an evolution of the 4.0.x codebase, and has recieved all the
bugfixes introduced in the 4.0.x branch.

The release plan is available through CVSWEB:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/RELEASE-PLAN-4.1.txt

Committers can directly edit the release plan, or can comment on it and I'll
make the changes.

I plan to call for a vote on the release plan on 04/24, or later if
necessary.

Comments ?

Remy