> There are a few additional items I would like to see added.
>
> 1.  Port my recent mod_jk/apache1.3 new features to mod_jk/Apache2.0
>     and to jk2 as costin requested.  This makes those connectors for
>     use with Apache more consistent.

Ok.

> 2.  Resolve a problem Craig mentioned with Context start/stop/reload
>     where not all resources are removed/restarted such as Filters and
>     Listeners.

I don't see what you're talking about. If it's the problem with
startup/shutdown order, then it has been fixed.

> 3.  Metrics generated that document real performance improvements in
>     Jasper 2 to justify releasing it with Tomcat 4.1.

Even if it's not much faster, it is a lot more maintainable and tweakable in
the long run. So to test it, we should release it.

> 4.  Implement my recent proposal for jasper 2 so that it recognizes
>     changes to dependent compile time included pages and recompiles
>     the dependent JSP page.  This is a frequent problem/question
>     Tomcat users report.

Ok.

> 5.  Go through the bug reports and create a FAQ for frequent problems.
>     Include this on the Tomcat site and with the distribution.  I
>     have already started work on the framework and some initial FAQ's.

Ok.

> I also think the release schedule is too aggressive.  I would like to
> hold off on a beta 1 until May 10, beta 2 May 24, RC 1 June 3.

I'd say I hope it won't be needed, as the HEAD branch has recieved all the
bugfixes the main branch had. From the get go, I'd say it should be
reasonably stable. So at least to see where we are in terms of stability, I
really want to cut a Beta 1 ASAP. If it turns out to be good, then the
schedule indicated may be realistic.

For example, one of the major new modules (the new HTTP/1.1 connector) has
recieved separate testing through Coyote, and has been found to be solid. So
I'm optimistic :)

> I am +1 for doing a release and will help.

Thanks :)

Remy