On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Remy Maucherat wrote:

> 1) First one is: with the latest TC 4 code, JK 2 is throwing a NPE on
> shutdown (line 185 of ChannelUn); I don't see why it's broken, it was
> working fine very little ago.

I'll commit a fix - if APR is not available ChannelUn should be inactive.
The shutdown was missing the check of if(apr==null).

We can disable ChannelUn and ChannelJni ( i.e. not even try to load them
unless explicitely configured ), but I hope it won't be necesary.

> 2) Setting soTimeout doesn't do anything, apparently. I added some code in
> the PoolTcpEndpoint, and setSoTimeout is called on the socket with the right
> argument (20000 ms in the default configuration). However, when trying with
> a telnet, I was able to keep the connection open for a lot more than 20s.
> The socket handling in the old connector appears to be very silimar, and yet
> it worked fine. What's going on ?

I'll check that. I suppose you are talking about the HTTP connector or
both ? In jk it seems to be a problem, as jk is setting SoTimeout
directly. From what I know, after the socket is accepted
setSocketOptions() is called and that should set everything.

Strange.