On Tue, 7 May 2002, Larry Isaacs wrote:

> #ifdef REUSE_WORKER

> I think it would be best to programmatically determine if
> "tpool" is usable to fetch a thread unique endpoint, and
> do something appropriate if it is not.  Before I go digging
> into Apache 2.0 code, I would appreciate any suggestions or
> words of wisdom that might speed the process.  Thanks.

I think it's better to just undefine REUSE_WORKER ( and/or
remove the code ).

It is just a way to avoid few allocations and/or mutexes,
there is no proof that this has any effect on performance
( and it shouldn't - compared with the socket operations
this is nothing ).

Note that the endpoint will still be recycled - this is
just to use per-thread data for the objects used in
processing the request.