On Fri, 17 May 2002, Anthony W. Marino wrote:

> Costin,
> If you can give me an idea what I need to do to get it built/running with
> apache2/TC4.1.2/SuSE7.3 I would be more than happy to do some testing if not
> more.

cvs co jakarta-tomcat-connectors
cd jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk

Copy build.properties.sample to build.properties and edit to fit your
paths.

There are 2 big options: configure and ant. I typically use ant - if you
have libtool and gcc installed it should work fine.

$ cd native2
$ ant
or
$ configure ; make

This should compile j-t-c/jk/build/jk2/apache2/mod_jk.so.
Add a LoadModule to apache's httpd.conf, copy
j-t-c/jk/conf/workers2.properties to APACHE_HOME/conf - and start apache.

You should be able to see http://localhost/jkstatus - that's the first
page to try. Then start tomcat, play with examples, etc.

If all this works - please write a nice doc with what you actually did
and send it as a patch :-)

Note that for tomcat you can use either the old connector ( in 3.2, 3.3,
4.0.x ) or the new coyote-jk connector ( 3.3, 4.x ).

Costin