That leaves me perplexed for several reasons...

First, it's the first time I see a commiter rejected - without any
reference to the quality and importance of his contribution, but some
new "member's" standard we don't know about. Dan put the SSI system in a
decent shape, that's similar with the contributions many others have
done to become commiters.

Second, if the 'members' and/or PMC has anything to say, I believe
it should do it directly and in a public forum. Beeing talked about
behind our back is not very comfortable.

I nominated quite a few of the current tomcat commiters, and
each of them made important contributions to tomcat. I used the
same 'standards' that Bill used when proposing Dan.

I believe we deserve some explanation from the 'members', I'm
quite unhappy about this whole issue. If there are some new
quantitative standards for becoming a commiter ( or a member )
we should know about.

Costin