On June 11, 2002 10:19 pm, you wrote:
> There are plenty of JSP1.1 pages out there, this will require people to
> rewrite the pages just to add a 'kb' suffix ( which is pretty weird
> by itself, almost everything else uses k, and is redundant - if
> the size can only be specified in kb, there is no reason to require
> the suffix ).

For one thing I don't think a LOT of people actually specify the buffer size
(of course those who DO will jump in to prove me wrong, and those who
don't will remain silent :-)).

For another, memory is getting bigger quickly, and having sizes of things
specified unambiguously - in such a way that it can be understood by
someone who can't quote the spec from memory - is a Good Thing.