>I find it unusual that a European would not fix such a crucial
>piece of code
>for localization of applications.

Thanks god there is many europeans commiters on tomcat to
try to fix these problems.

>This defect was reported in March

And will be corrected in June by a French commiter.
BTW, ajp13 protocol forward all language, so the patch
is needed in java side.

>It was confirmed by a second source in March.

Yep

>I reported it to you separately in April.

ReYep

>I have yet again, confirmed it's existence. To recap my

Ok

>I am running into a problem with accept-language/getLocales()
>when I use
>mod_jk  with the ajp13 connector.
>
>System Configuration:
>
>RedHat Linux 7.2
>Apache 1.3.22
>Tomcat 4.0.4-B1
>mod_jk.so 4.0.4-B2 version 1.2.0

It works well with mod_jk 1.2.0 and tomcat 3.3.1

 Request Information
JSP Request Method: GET
Request URI: /examples/jsp/snp/snoop.jsp
Request Protocol: HTTP/1.1
Servlet path: /jsp/snp/snoop.jsp
Path info: null
Path translated: null
Query string: null
Content length: 0
Content type: null
Server name: hgo1.slib.com
Server port: 80
Remote user: null
Remote address: 172.31.1.85
Remote host: pc0082.slib.com
Authorization scheme: null
Locale: fr_FR
Locales: fr_FR en_US en
Secure: false
Scheme: http
cipher_suite: null
key_size: null
ssl_session: null
The browser you are using is Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.0.0)
Gecko/20020530