I tried again, and it worked. There is still one error ( i.e. a page that
worked before but no longer does ), but that may be legitimate.

2 more problems:
- I have a
<bean:define id="a" name="foo"/>

The generated code is:
 a = (java.lang.Object) pageContext.findAttribute("a");
 a = (java.lang.Object) pageContext.findAttribute("a");
 a = (java.lang.Object) pageContext.findAttribute("a");
( i.e. 3 times the same line ).

Not a bug, but strange.

- in the same case, the 'a' variable is declared at the top
of the file, even if it is AT_END. That brakes previous <iterate>
that used the 'a' id. I believe this is a bug.

Costin