Thanks, Bojan.  I think that's exactly what I was looking for :-)   You
know, I feel really stupid because I think I've seen that exact same
document before and completely missed the section discussing these options!

Is it possible there will be any movement at any time to incorporate the
(much more) excellent documentation that existed with the 3.x TC
versions into the 4.x doc sets?  I think it might really reduce the
traffic on tomcat-user - and I would imagine it could only reduce the
traffic on tomcat-dev too ;-) .

Thanks for your help!  (and thanks to all you devs that make Tomcat
possible!)

Eddie