On July 18, 2002 12:11 pm, you wrote:
> I am already using the default standard host that sets autodeploy to true
> by default.

It's not a question of autodeploy=true or not. Everything I know says that
DefaultContext's values only apply to Contexts that are auto-deployed, that is,
placed in webapp (actually the host's appBase) WITHOUT being listed as a Context
in the server.xml

> Also, I have tried adding the resource into <DefaultContext> directly and
> that works fine - so how would you explain that?

Hmmm, I would find that hard to explain. Next question please. :-)

Do the contexts you want the resource applied to have <Context> entries
in server.xml?