With pleasure :-)

It's actually quite simple:

- make sure Velocity JAR file is visible to your application classloader in
Tomcat; either put it in your own WEB-INF/lib (for singleton model) of each app
or in lib/apps of Tomcat distribution (for non-singleton model)
- have a good velocity.properties file and make sure logging location exists and
is writeable

- use VelocityServlet (supplied with Velocity) to handle requests; or
- use any of the framework/servlets available (listed on Velocity web site); I
recommend PumpServlet (ftp://ftp.rexursive.com/pub/pump/pump.tar.gz) for purely
selfish reasons ;-)

- map you servlet in web.xml to your liking

- read excellent Velocity User Guide and Velocity Programmers Guide
- ask about anything you'd like to know on Velocity user list; majority of the
people are very friendly and don't mind being asked questions

Have fun,
Bojan