Before I do that, some questions about uriEnv in jk2_handler(), since
that part is very different to mod_jk. The initial test involves asking:

if (uriEnv==NULL || strcmp(r->handler,JK_HANDLER)!= 0)

and if so, the whole thing is skipped.

After the first test, there is the second test that goes:

if( uriEnv == NULL )

Obviously, that's not possible, since the first test would kick us out
of the function. But, in case the first test was changed to not involve
asking if uriEnv is null, the the code after the second test would hit a
NULL pointer here:

if( uriEnv->mbean->debug > 0 )

How do I go through this mine field? What's going to be the value of
uriEnv if r->handler is DIR_MAGIC_TYPE? If it's going to be NULL, I have
to change a lot of code in the whole function to make sure we don't bump
into a NULL pointer somewhere...

Bojan