I would like to introduce a page similar to /server-status for tomcat.
If I implement such a thing - would there be interest to add it to CVS?

My plan is to report:
- uptime (Since valve was instatiated - which should be very close to
start up time)
- Total requests
- Total Bytes transfered
- Memory footprint (free and used)

I would also have an extended flag which allows would report the total
requests for the past 60 seconds (by second) and the same for the last
60 minutes. As well as Memory stats for the same timespan.

The implementation would have 2 parts:
1) A new Valve (inherit from ValveBase, call it StatusValve?) which
records stats after they are served.
2) A new web-app (which has one one servlet) that shows the stats. The
page would be protected similar to the admin app. (Some role based
authentication decided by the user)

My plan of attack would make the stats available via an MBean. All the
stats would be stored in the StatusValve instance. The statistics could
be reported via MBean getAttibute() calls.

Before I try such an endveour (which should be easy):
1) Is this worthwhile?
2) To register the MBean - there appears to be a file called:
catalina\src\share\org\apache\catalina\mbeans\mbeans-descriptors.xml -
Do I need to add my MBean def to this file? Or is there a better mechanism?

-Tim