There are not very involved since they should use another servlet container, even an
application server.
We have many of our customers using Tomcat 3.2.4 but some use Websphere, other
WebLogic ...
Our product work on tomcat we have our own Servlets and taglib delivered in
WEB-INF/lib/ of our demos applications, we have configuration files in a subdirectory
of the conf directory. There are some properties file for jndi access. Our product can
be customized. This customization is on the properties file but also on jsps and
servlets we deliver.
For example we can have the customer can change an init-param for a servlet and he
could also want to modify a Jsp page by adding custom tags.
This customization the customer can do it anytime. But if he wants to port his
customized application to another server we don't want him to use some jsp 1.2
specific features like using JSTL in our jsp since most of products are not jsp 1.2
compatible.
The fact is that i want to migrate my taglib to jsp 1.2 compatible and i don't want to
write (and support) it for both jsp 1.1 and jsp 1.2 server. We want a smooth migration
..

Thomas Colin de Verdière
SCORT
http://www.scort.com