No one has responded, so I'm guessing either people
don't care or documentation isn't high on developers'
list.  Alot of people complain about the lack of
document, so I thought more documentation might not be
a bad thing.

If tomcat doesn't want it, I'll probably find a free
website to post the documentation, though one would
think having it on the same site would make life
easier for developers.

not everyone has the time to search the net for
information, especially if they have a deadline.

peter

href="http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/2.3/javadoc/javax/servlet/ServletContextListener.html"&gt;ServletContextListener
> API&lt;/a&gt;, if you don't already know it. In the
> examples directory, there is are examples for your
> reference.</paragraph>
>   </section>
>   <section>
>     <heading>Basics</heading>
>     <paragraph>In
> "tomcat/webapps/examples/WEB-INF/web.xml" file there
> are two example entries for adding your
> ServletContextListener. The entry generally goes
> after the filters and should look like this:
> </paragraph>
>     &lt;listener&gt;<br/>

&lt;listener-class&gt;listeners.ContextListener&lt;/listener-class&gt;<br/>

href="http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/download.html"&gt;Servlet