Big +1 !

We can have a small ant-based script that can validate a webapp -
find all the XMLs and TLDs and run schema and DTD validation on it.

Another nice thing we could do - if someone has the time - is
adding 'Serializable' to Context and all other config objects and
saving a snapshot. Then reuse the dependency checking from jasper
and check if any of the files changed ( web.xml, jars, tlds ).
On the first load or on change we could validate - and for the
rest just load the .ser object.

But it is not easy - turning validation off by default until
we have a way to avoid duplicated validation is a good solution.

Costin