Hi All,

A couple of weeks ago I wrote about a Poolman
DataSource factory for Tomcat, but the latest version
of Poolman ended up being too buggy for production
work. We've since moved to DBCP from Commons.

I'm trying to configure a global DB pool for multiple
contexts and I'm having trouble using the
BasicDataSourceFactory with Tomcat 4.0.4.

Since Tomcat 4.0.x doesn't support the
<GlobalNamingResources> structure (like 4.1.x) which
sounds like the right thing to use, I'm placing the
DBCP <Resource> in a <DefaultContext>. However, it
appears that every time a context tries to access the
pool, DBCP creates a brand new pool for that context
instead of sharing a global one.

Any ideas on how to configure this on 4.0.4? I guess
one option would be to modify the
BasicDataSourceFactory, but maybe there's a way to do
it in the config files in 4.0.4. Is anybody using DBCP
as a global pooler for multiple contexts?

Thanks a lot!

Ike