Henri Gomez wrote:

> Costin Manolache wrote:
>> Henri Gomez wrote:
>>

>>>If everybody agree, what about removing src/native for tomcat 3.3.2 ?
>>

>> +1
>>

> Yes or no ?

Yes, remove mod_jk related stuff.

I think it would be a good idea to keep mod_jserv - it is frozen from a
long time, but still in use in various production sites. It works
well ( even if slow ) - and several load balancing features will only
be implemented in jk2 ( which is not yet final release ). Since those
features are missing in jk1, I think it is good to keep it around.

I'll do a diff to the one in java-jserv CVS. The reason we have it in
tomcat - the development of jserv stoped long ago, and we still used
mod_jserv as part of tomcat3.x ( so it needs to be maintained, etc ).
And the reason we used ( and some people still use ) jserv - the shmem
stuff which isn't implemented in jk1, but some people need. It allows
you to do gracefull restarts of workers, check status, etc - again,
jk2 will have those features, but jk2 is beta.