Henri Gomez wrote:
>> This is likely the protection against reading anything outside the
>> webapp root (see the "allowLinking" of FileDirContext), although I
>> don't know how the digester will try to load the included file.
>

> Digester code is derived from XmlMapper which is able to locate entities
> in ../../../ directories.
>
> My concern here is :
>
> Specs didn't mentions restriction on use of external entities outside
> the webapp.
>
> So it should be granted by default isn't it ?
>
> I take a look at FileDirContext but I didn't understand what
> allowLinking is ?
 >
> So my question is : bug or feature ?

There's a pretty strict check on the canonical path of a resource which
I added.
I consider it a security feature. I think a webapp should be self
contained, so I think it's reasonable to have the check as the default.

"allowLinking" disables the check.

Don't be lazy, just do a search in FileDirContext ;-)

Remy