I really like the new administration web app for Tomcat.  I think it will go a long
way to further the use of Tomcat by users that want to focus on building their
application and not have to learn the configuration XML structures of Tomcat.

I also think this type of an Administration Console application could have many other
applications as well.  This could be the "container" console for configuration tools
for Apache, Tomcat, Jetspeed, "your home-grown app goes here".

Has there been any consideration to making this console application it's own Jakarta
project and modifying it to support "Administration Plugins"?