Hi,

>personally, didn't find it very challenging to download the 4.1.13
source
>distribution (to a machine behind a firewall), and configure it to
build
>including the optional libraries.  I really *don't* want to be forced
>download nMB of code to do what I can do with a couple of minutes with
>emacs.

I couldn't have said it better.

>IMHO, it is better.  The 'download' target gets the jars from the
project
>release itself.  If you don't like one version, you can change your
>build.properties to download another version.  On this count, Maven
sounds
>little better than jars-in-cvs (which we all know is A Very Bad Thing
>© Gump :).

Once again, I completely agree with Mr. Barker.  For those who want to
use Maven, sure, go ahead, as long as you don't require anyone else to
use it.  Certainly, if having a Maven project descriptor is a
precondition to you contributing to the project (e.g. building and
publishing javadocs), and you're willing to create the Maven project
descriptor, then why not? ;)

I don't think Maven is worth it, having tried to use it on several (non
Jakarta) projects.  We always resorted back to Ant by itself, and we've
been happy that we did.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

and notify the sender.  Thank you.