Pier Fumagalli wrote:
On 29/10/02 22:46, "Costin Manolache" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Remy Maucherat wrote:

A new test milestone of Tomcat 4.1 has just been released. Please help
test this upcoming Tomcat release for compliance issues and other
problems.

Downloads:
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/test/v4.1.14/

Significant changes over 4.1.13 include a security manager bugfix. Over
4.1.12, Tomcat 4.1.14 includes bugfixes as well as performance
improvements.

The full list of changes is available in the release notes.

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/test/v4.1.14/RELEASE-NOTES

One small issue: the .zip file doesn't have +x on the bin/ files.

Ehemm... Actually, the whole thing is completely wrong (I mean how the files
are on daedalus, not only what you said, Costin)...

_MAKE_SURE_ (this is _very_ important for mirrors, and I'm trying to enforce
it now that we're not _yet_ mirrored heavily) that your UMASK is set to 002
ZARRO ZARRO TOOOOO when putting stuff in /www, that _ALL_ the files you
create have a 664 mode (therefore when listing them, it needs to come out
with -rw-rw-r-- ...)

ALL directories need to be 755 (therefore only THOSE and NOT THE FILES need
to have the +x bit set) they need to look like "drwxrwxr-x"
Why 755 on directory ? Shouldn't they be 775 to allow group member to update them ?

If you don't have a clue of what I'm talking about, make sure you do "man
chmod" and "man umask" from your favorite Linux (HAHA!) box...
Better documentation via 'info chmod' on Linux ;-)

Seriously speaking, now, with the way in which the files for 4.1.14 are laid
out, they can't be moved, deleted, removed, updated, mirrored by anyone but
Remy (nah, probably right now with my config I can get them mirrored, but
anyhow, DONšT DO IT)
That's why the dirs and files should be make writeable by group to help jakarta members update the rights ;)