On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 02:01:42PM -0800, Daniel Rall wrote:
> > I get a multiplying lot of tomcat processes after a while.  How many
> > should there be?
>
> This probably depends on your OS/JVM's threading model.  On Linux,
> this is perfectly normal.
>
> > Just one? i.e., is a 'request processor' a java thread or an
> > OS process?
>
> A request processor is a Java thread, the implementation of which is
> OS-specific, varying depending upon your platform.

I'm fairly sure that Solaris uses exactly one process consisting
of multiple threads.  I checked one of the processes with
ps -L -p <pid> and it showed 9 lightweith processes in that
one unix process.

It looks like all but one of the Unix processes is rogue.

Now to find out which one ...

I'll try your patch and try and let you know how it goes.

Thanks for your reply Daniel!

Regards,
Matt