I was experimenting with using MC4J (from SF.net) support using MX4J. Basically, this is a JMX client app with some nice features, and it looked easy to add.

However, I ran into serious trouble (and I'm posting that to see if someone can help sort it out, or is willing to investigate further):
- The client part may only work with MX4J 1.1. There may be a workaround, according to the docs.
- The client (based on Netbeans) crashes (with a BSOD) my XP computer a lot on exit, and no longer works ever since the first crash (I get a NPE on startup from each of MC4J's modules). I have no idea what is going on, and tried reinstalling, etc, without any success.

So the bottom line is I can no longer work on the feature :-( I can commit the code if people are interested in the feature, and would like to investigate (basically, it adds a new method in MBeanUtils which instantiates the adaptor MBean, and that's it).

Remy