Remy Maucherat wrote:
jean-frederic clere wrote:

Hi,

I would to add a feature: Allow jvmRoute to be a system property.

I have several Tomcat's using the same server.xml but I need a different sessionId for each Tomcat. The easy solution I have found is to use jmvRoute="SYSTEM" and read the system property "jmvRoute" to have the jvmRoute I want.
I have enclosed the corresponding patch.

Should I commit it?

The feature could be helpful, but the implementation is weird (if you don't call setJvmRoute, which AFAIK only happens when it is defined in server.xml, it will never get set).
Probably the code should be put in the StandardEngine constructor or in its start method.
Ok, I will set the jvmRoute using the system property "jmvRoute" in the StandardEngine constructor.

Remy