jean-frederic clere wrote:
Remy Maucherat wrote:

Hi,

Changing the API in the 4.1.x branch is not ok (at a bare minimum, not without asking/voting).
A method addition was made on 11/30 to the org.apache.catalina.Manager interface. This could break compatibility with 3rd party managers, and apparently was made during an optimization effort, as part of a larger patch. I originally missed this in the commit message.

I am the gulty for changing the Manager interface. The problem is the createSession is called when reading the stored sessions in the store the result is quite bad...
I have to look for another way for fixing the problem. (That needs time).
Ok, no problem. The idea is that I missed the fact that there was also a change to the base API, so it's best to do the whole in the development branch.

I do not wish to include such an API change as part of the 4.1.x branch, and would want to see at least this portion of the patch (with dependencies; apparently there are many) reverted.

This batch of experimental patches were committed in a stable branch (4.1.x), and as of now are still not ported in the development branch (5.0), so I assume development will still continue in 4.1.x, which is not a good idea.

What I'd like to see happen, unless there is a good reason not to do so:
- all the changes to the manager are reverted to the 4.1.16 version

That is not a big problem.

- the patches are committed to the jakarta-tomcat-catalina repository, where active development can continue without destabilizing the stable tree.

Ok. I will do this part today.
Thanks a lot :)

Remy