Costin Manolache wrote:
Remy Maucherat wrote:

If the vote actually passes, I'd like to have only one minimal Tomcat
distribution, which would mean no admin and no Jasper (with separate
optional Jasper binaries available). JMX can be used directly (using a
MX4J connector + MC4J, assuming MC4J updates to MX4J 1.1.1 as we did) to
administer the server, without the need to use the admin webapp.

Now - this is not nice !

I don't know why my proposal for a minimal tomcat that includes jsr152 and
jsr154 shouldn't be allowed.
Ok, I'll make a VOTE and try to gather the votes - hopefully I'll
get at least 3 +1 votes ( and you'll at least -0 it :-).
I'd really like to avoid the proliferation of too many distributions. The light distribution confused a lot of users who didn't know what they needed, from what I've seen (from what I've read on tc-user).

To restate it: if we do a minimal version and it is voted to be Jasper less, then I think we shouldn't have a third minimal-but-with-Jasper distribution. Rather, I'd have a separate binary holding the Jasper JARs. That's just my preference anyway.

BTW, in such vote, it should be Yes or No. If you don't care, then you shouldn't vote.

Remy