Matt Raible wrote:

> I upgraded my site to use Tomcat 4.1.17 tonight.  While this fixed all
> my previous ClassNotFound errors for the hsql jdbc driver (in Tomcat
> 4.0.6), I started getting a new error:
>
> 17-Dec-2002 10:02:52 PM org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket
> processConnection
> INFO: server has been restarted or reset this connection
>
> I don't know if this is a Tomcat bug or if it's something in my
> application (Roller).  It seems to occur when someone views the site,
> but it doesn't seem to affect the site at all.

I assume you are using Apache 1.3 ?

This is a message indicating that the web server has been restarted.
Probably we should downgrade the message to debug, since this
is normal for apache ( it is not normal for other servers ).
Apache has a config option to restart itself after a number of requests -
to avoid memory leaks on some OSes.