Yokota Takehiko wrote:
Hi, all.

There is a question about WebdavServlet in Tomcat4.1.12.

I tried to send MOVE request to WebdavServlet
and I expected that a file was moved, but it was copied and deleted.

I think org.apache.catalina.servlets.WebdavServlet#doMove() should
move resource instead of copying and deleting. (Or first try to move,
and then copy and delete if it failed).

What do you think this idea is?
The webdav spec says that a MOVE should be treated as a COPY followed by a DELETE. It's difficult to precisely maintain these semantics without actually _doing_ a copy then a delete (though in the fairly limited catalina webdav servlet it shouldn't be too hard). There's no compelling reason to make this change.

Mike