After setting up a JNDIRealm for the Manager app, I noticed after a while the connection times out and returns NULL automatically.  I was wondering, if instead of returning NULL, JNDIRealm to try to reconnect and then authenticate, and then return NULL, if a failure results from that attempt, otherwise return the JNDIRealm.User object.

Also I’ve notice there is no method for specifying an alternate connection URL in the event the URL specified in connectionURL is not available.  So, I took the liberty of adding an attribute “alternateURL” to specify a secondary URL.  When the JNDIRealm opens a connection it will attempt the primary, and, upon failure, then attempt to connect to the alternate URL.  If this should fail, the JNDIRealm fails as it did before.

In both features the first exception is logged before the second attempt to connect proceeds.

I have attached the CVS diff between my copy of JNDIRealm and the current HEAD version of JNDIRealm.

Brad Handy

Programmer/Analyst

Spring Arbor University