Bill Barker wrote:

>> Jeanfrancois Arcand wrote:
>>
>> > Hi Costin, (you beat me on the proposal :-) )
>>
>> Actually - this is a different story ( JMX-enabling different componets).
>> I'll check in similar additions to ValveBase, BaseContainer,
>> CoyoteConnector.
>>

> I currently have custom Valves in 4.1.x that *don't* extend ValveBase (I
> feel strongly that my code shouldn't depend on anything other than
> o.a.catalina), which work quite well with JMX.   I'd really hate to lose
> this for 5.x.

I think it's ok. You can either implement MBeanRegistration - or just
do nothing. The main purpose of this addition is to have a consistent
getObjectName and getDomain, as well as access to the mbean server.

I would also like to use the attributes from the name - and attach
the valve to the right component in preRegister(). Not sure if it's
worth it - but it could be usefull.

The problem with interfaces is that if you add a method, all
implementations will need to be changed.

> Of course, the current JDK1.4.x dependency of 5.x prevents me from even
> thinking about using it  ;-).

Do we still have a 1.4 dependency ? We should fix that.

I just run it with JDK1.3 - and seemed fine.